The new Citrix DesktopPlayer for Mac is the first solution that let’s MacBook users take their corporate Windows virtual desktops to go – while letting IT centrally manage the Windows desktop. And you can only see it at Synergy LA 2013.
If you’re toting around a MacBook at Synergy LA 2013, head over to demo pod #11 to see a Tech Preview of this XenDesktop add-on that enables users to use their Windows virtual desktop regardless of the quality of the network connection – and even when there’s no network at all.
DesktopPlayer is the ideal BYO solution with an easy, non-disruptive installation that addresses common situations mobile professionals encounter: slow, intermittent, or inaccessible wireless network access while on the road.
DesktopPlayer, together with XenDesktop, gives users the best of both worlds – local access on their MacBook, and anytime anywhere access to their hosted Windows virtual desktop through XenDesktop on any device.
While you’re at Synergy, check out these related sessions and labs, too:
- SYN224: Excalibur: best practices for virtual desktop operations leveraging Citrix Director with EdgeSight
- SYN334: What’s new in XenDesktop and XenApp Platinum
- SYN416: Best practices for managing personal virtual desktops
- SYN104: How to mobilize your business with the complete Citrix enterprise mobility management solution
- SYN325: Accelerating application and desktop upgrades with XenApp, XenDesktop and XenClient
- SYN323: What’s new in XenClient