Citrix XenDesktop enables secure and reliable mobile workstyles through both hosted and local virtual desktops, with local virtual desktops powered by Citrix XenClient, the Local VM option of XenDesktop and its FlexCast delivery technology.
We recently did a series of blog posts on various benefits of the local FlexCast option, and thought it would be useful to summarize those into a single blog post for our readers’ convenience:
- Laptop virtualization: Extend desktop virtualization to offline laptops to allow users to work from anywhere
- PC management: Simplify management of PCs by turning them into virtual appliances
- Branch and distributed office management: Minimize WAN traffic and remote IT resources in remote offices to support users in any location
- Endpoint security, isolation and compliance: Safeguard corporate data on laptops and PC endpoints
- Repurpose PCs as thin clients: Leverage existing PC endpoints as flexible terminals to access both hosted and local virtual desktops
- Limited network environments: Manage laptops and PCs in any environment to enable users to work with or without network connectivity
To learn more about the benefits of XenClient, check out the entire Citrix XenClient Benefits Series here.
Join the conversation by connecting with the Citrix XenClient team online!
- Watch the New Display Architecture with XenClient Enterprise 4.5 video
- View the XenClient product page
- Follow us on Twitter
- Like us on Facebook
- Visit our XenClient Technical Forum