With the holiday season in full swing, it’s likely you haven’t quite gotten around to sending in your Call for Topics proposal for Citrix Synergy 2013.
- Maybe you were camped out at a big-box retailer before Black Friday
- Perhaps you had a houseful of visiting relatives
- Or possibly the caloric overload at Thanksgiving put you in a daze < Me!
Whatever your excuse, we have a solution – a week’s extension on the deadline. Yes, you now have until midnight on Sunday, December 9 to submit a breakout session proposal for Synergy.
To recap the program, we are looking for compelling topics that highlight solutions for mobility, cloud computing, collaboration, networking or virtualization. Through the Call for Topics process, guest speakers are selected and invited to present their stories during a session at Synergy. Besides quality time in the conference spotlight, accepted lead presenters will receive a complimentary full conference pass.
Here are a few pointers to keep in mind when writing your proposal. First, while bleeding-edge examples are interesting, most attendees want practical guidance and best practices for planning, design and implementation. Potential topics include enterprise mobility management, BYOD, data sync and access, cloud management and networking, real-time social collaboration and desktop and app virtualization.
Second, please be sure the topic is educational, technical and credible, not a sales pitch. Customer references, case study examples and technology demonstrations will increase your chances for selection by our committee of analysts, enterprise IT professionals and other industry thought leaders, listed below:
- Shawn Bass, Solutions Architect, Shawnbass.com
- Bill Burke, SVP/Chief Information Officer, WR Starkey Mortgage, LLP
- Rick Dehlinger, Chief Technology Officer, nGenx
- Steve Greenberg, President, Thin Client Computing
- Mary Johnston Turner, Research Vice President, Enterprise System Management Software, IDC
- Christian Kane, Analyst Serving Infrastructure & Operations Professionals, Forrester Research, Inc.
- Ed Laczynski, VP of Cloud Strategy and Architecture, Datapipe
- Duane J. Schau, Director, Leveraged Support, Indiana University
- Alan Watson, Executive Vice President and CIO, Educational Services of America
Take advantage of this extension
We hope this extended deadline will give you the extra few days you need to prepare your submission before the next wave of holiday activities comes along.
Please follow me on Twitter @merisummers for Synergy content updates.