If you’re like many IT professionals starting a desktop virtualization project, chances are you are asking yourself the following questions:
- How much hardware and storage am I going to need?
- What is the architecture going to look like?
- What steps do I need to build into my project plan?
- Who do I need to include on the team?
We get it. These are tough questions to answer. And that’s why we’re pretty excited to announce the beta sign-up for the new Project Accelerator, unveiled today at Citrix Synergy in Barcelona. If the early response is anything to go by, this is going to be huge.
The idea is simply to make our customers and partners wildly successful with their desktop virtualization deployments – and to help people who are considering desktop virtualization to make the right up-front assessment and design decisions.
The fast track to better virtual desktops
Project Accelerator is the all-new, all-singin’ and dancin’ version of what used to be called Desktop Transformation Accelerator. If you liked that, you’ll love this – and if you’ve never tried it, you’re in for a treat.
Project Accelerator is where people like you manage their move to desktop virtualization
It’s a design tool, deployment roadmap, collaboration space, and project management environment – with all the best-practice advice of our top consultants built in. We’re always adding new advice and guidance to the Accelerator, so it will always be the single resource for all up-to-the-minute Citrix advice.
Oh, and it’s completely free.
Who should use Project Accelerator
If you’re considering desktop virtualization, Accelerator is for you:
- If you’re a self-deploying customer – we’ll lead you through the entire process.
- If you’re working with a Citrix partner – the Accelerator will help keep the project on track.
- If you’re working with a Citrix Consultant – they’ll already be using these tools, so now you can collaborate more effectively inside Accelerator
- If you’re brand new to Citrix or desktop virtualization – Project Accelerator is a fantastic way to build a business case, size your hardware needs, choose the first user groups to virtualize and make the right investment decisions.
These are the four use cases we had in mind when developing Accelerator. If you’re one of them, you’ll get a lot of value from it.
Your customized desktop journey
Sign in to Project Accelerator, answer a few questions about your users, your apps and your goals and Accelerator gets to work.
The tool will guide you through our proven methodology – Assess, Design, Deploy – with customized designs, plans and hardware sizing guides — plus links to relevant resources every step of the way.
Here are a few highlights:
- Goals and priorities capture
- User segmentation
- Application landscape
- Map user groups to FlexCast models
- Hardware sizing: storage and servers for each group
- Reference architecture – a 5-layer design
- Rollout plan
- Collaboration space
- Document library
Project Accelerator is a living, breathing project management space and we’ll be adding to it all the time.
The bottom line - The Accelerator is all about help you to achieve four things:
- Better Deployments - Because you’ve designed the right solution for each user group.
- Faster, easier deployments - Because you’re project is goal-driven and guided by best practices.
- More accurate planning - Because you’ve got a good idea of your hardware needs before you spend.
- Streamlined collaboration - Because you get the whole team working together with clear documentation.
A few screenshots to whet your appetite:
The hardware estimator keeps a running tally of your needs.
The Accelerator generates a five-layer Architecture Overview for you.
Project Accelerator is in beta sign-up and we’re getting rave reviews from the customers, partners and CTPs who have seen it.
To start your own project, all you have to do is register on the Accelerator sign-up page.
Hope you like Project Accelerator as much as we do…