Receiver for Windows 3.3, just released today, comes at the same time as CloudGateway 2 and other Receiver updates. The benefits this brings to Receiver and CloudGateway users is that now, all of your Windows, Web and SaaS applications are all available to you in one click from Receiver. What’s more, if you are also a ShareFile Enterprise customer, all of your documents are available to you and will roam with you as you move between devices. And it’s easier than ever to activated, configure, and update!
Now, here is what’s new in general:
- Simplified Settings – We have eliminated complex settings and added new support options to the About box.
And the new enterprise mobility capabilities with CloudGateway 2, :
- Simplified configuration: You can now activate Receiver by entering a server address, opening a provisioning file or setup URL, or just entering your email address.
- Follow-Me Data. You can sync your documents across all devices using ShareFile Enterprise. You can even share and send documents from within Receiver. And you can easily attach large files to emails with ShareFile Outlook plug-in.
- Automatic updates. You can opt to have Receiver automatically updates itself.
- Simpler Access to SaaS apps. You won’t require a VPN connection to access SaaS apps from outside the Firewall.
- Software Configuration – You can now set up Storefront to automatically configures ShareFile, Access Gateway, update options, and even the new Optimization Pack for Lync 2010 when adding an Account.
- Desktop Viewer for Hosted Shared desktops. You can now use Desktop Viewer with XenApp published desktops
We cannot wait to have you give it a try! And check out the new unified Citrix Receiver download page.
To learn more about the Top 5 ways to be more productive on-the-go with Citrix, sign up for either of these two webinar times: August 1, 2012 11:00 am – 12:00 pm PDT (USA) or August 1, 2012 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm CET (EU)!