I am pleased to announce the CloudGateway 1.0 – industry’s first unified service broker.
Every enterprise is facing two major trends – consumerization of IT and cloud-sourcing of apps. These two trends are driving an explosion of devices and apps within the enterprise. Devices brought into the enterprise by the users themselves, and apps brought into the enterprise by LOBs. Both a demand for mobility and a proliferation of SaaS and mobile apps are disrupting the traditional ways IT builds, delivers and controls apps to users. We all know that the traditional systems and processes fall short of addressing IT’s needs because they were never designed for the new cloud apps and devices. IT has, increasingly, been forced to address each new app or new device on an ad-hoc basis, largely via silo’ed solutions. These silo’ed solutions are increasingly inflexible, inefficient and chaotic putting businesses at risk of lost productivity, stalled agility and intellectual property loss.
To regain control and get ahead of these disruptive trends, IT is looking for unified rather than siloed solutions - unified service brokers that can aggregate, control and deliver all content (all apps – web, Windows, SaaS & mobile apps – and data) in all contexts (people, devices, locations).
CloudGateway is industry’s first unified service broker that aggregates, controls and delivers all apps and data, including Windows, web, SaaS and mobile, to ANY device, anywhere. It provides end-users with an intuitive single point of access via Citrix Receiver and self-service to all their business apps on any device anywhere, and provides IT with a comprehensive single point of aggregation and control for all apps.
CloudGateway is fully integrated with Citrix Receiver, which is available for over 1.5B devices, including PCs, Macs, tablets and smartphones. Also, Citrix Receiver for Web will enable the same capability for any browser on devices where you may not be able to install the native Receiver. Citrix Receiver continues to be rapidly adopted by our customers and users, now having millions of downloads and winning new awards – recently won the esteemed award from CRN – Top Enterprise App Award!
CloudGateway offers great set of features for both end users and IT.
- Unified Storefront with self-service: enabling customers to setup a simple and powerful enterprise app store so that end users can get all their apps and data from one place. End users can subscribe to their apps and data via self-service, including Windows apps, Web apps, SaaS apps and mobile apps.
- Follow-me apps on any device, with federated SSO: delivers end-user flexibility to select their own apps on one device and seamlessly gain single-click access to the same set of apps on any device using Citrix Receiver. Also, as the apps are launched, users get single sign-on to their apps – including enterprise or cloud-based apps.
- App requests with automated provisioning: Admins can create automated workflows that allow quick, easy user account creation, updates and deletion for all apps using existing directories and security mechanisms. This means when a user is on-boarded or needs a new app, all app requests can go through workflows and user accounts get automatically provisioned without any IT hassles.
- 360-degree controls: Allows IT to define comprehensive control policies that use the full access scenario context (user, device, network, etc.) and determine which apps and data, and levels of access should be provided. Also, the policies enable remote wipe for any data that may be resident locally on a mobile device.
- App monitoring: allows IT to monitor real-time application response SLAs to hold SaaS providers accountable for agreed upon SLAs
- License optimization & compliance: enables IT to monitor app usage and license utilization to save money on SaaS app licensing by removing the need for over-provisioning.
This solution is enabled by integration of four key technologies:
- Storefront Services – bringing an enterprise storefront for all apps and data to any device
- Gateway Services – Offering the required security, access and controls
- Content controllers – enabling access to different types of apps or data – Windows apps/desktops, Web/SaaS, Mobile or Data
- Citrix Receiver – available for all devices and browsers – giving beautiful experience for users on all devices.
CloudGateway 1.0 will be available in two editions:
- CloudGateway Enterprise empowers end users with a single point of access and self-service for Windows, Web and SaaS from any device, and provides IT with contextual controls and automated provisioning of users for all apps.
- CloudGateway Express enables existing XenApp and XenDesktop customers to deliver all their Windows apps and desktops to any device via a unified storefront with self-service. Designed with built-in headroom for the cloud era, CloudGateway Express is an easy upgrade from Web Interface and PNAgent and enables enterprises to be cloud-ready by providing seamless upgrade to CloudGateway Enterprise, extending the unified app store to web and SaaS apps.
In order to help customers in their journey toward Unified Service Brokers, CloudGateway is uniquely designed for seamlessly extending aggregation and control from Windows apps to web, SaaS and mobile apps, as well as to new users. Today all of Citrix 200,000+ customers can quickly deploy CloudGateway Express with XenApp and XenDesktop for aggregating and delivering Windows apps to all devices. Soon when customers want to be cloud-ready and deliver web and SaaS apps to all users, they can seamlessly upgrade to CloudGateway Enterprise to deliver new apps (web and SaaS) to new users (contractors, partners, vendors, consumers) on any device.
I encourage each of you to sign-up for the Tech Preview for CloudGateway Enterprise and start the evaluation for CloudGateway Express with Storefront services today.